What does the Qualifications Board do?
The Qualifications Board develops national guidelines that provide advice on regulatory practices, such as:
- Entry to practice
- Conduct in practice
Programs for members of the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies:
- Continuing professional development
Tools to assess international graduates:
- Examination Syllabus
- Information about international institutions and degrees
Why does the Qualifications Board exist?
- To help the engineering regulatory bodies of Engineers Canada use consistent practices
- To make it easier for engineers to work across Canada
- To identify new types of engineering practice (for example, nanotechnology)
Who does the Qualifications Board report to?
The Qualifications Board is a committee of the Engineers Canada Board.
Several sub-committees assist the Qualifications Board in its work. Each sub-committee is chaired by a Qualifications Board member and consists of volunteers and staff from the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
The following are the current sub-committees that assist the Qualifications Board:
- Admission Issues Committee
- Continuing Competence Committee
- Engineer-in-Training Committee
- Environment and Sustainability Committee
- International Engineering Academic Qualifications Committee
- Practice Committee
- Syllabus Committee
Task groups are also formed as necessary to address issues identified by the Qualifications Board. Currently they are:
- Software Engineering Task Force
Who are the members of the Qualifications Board?
Our members are volunteers. They are senior practitioners drawn from the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
2015-2016 Qualifications Board
- Dennis Peters, FEC, P.Eng. (Chair)
- Jerry Helfrich, FEC, P.Eng. (Vice Chair)
- Paul Blanchard, FEC, P.Eng. (Past Chair)
- Frank Collins, FEC, P.Eng., Atlantic Provinces Representative
- Gary Faulkner, FEC, P.Eng., Alberta, Northwest Territories Representative
- Roydon Fraser, FEC, P.Eng., Ontario Representative
- William Jackson, FEC, P.Eng., Member-at-large
- Usha Kuruganti, FEC, P.Eng., Atlantic Provinces Representative
- Ron LeBlanc, FEC, P.Eng., Member-at-large
- Mahmoud Mahmoud, FEC, P.Eng., British Columbia, Yukon Territory Representative
- Diane Riopel, FIC, ing., Québec Representative
- Ian Sloman, P.Eng. Saskatchewan, Manitoba Representative
- Sandra Gwozdz, FIC, ing., Engineers Canada Board
- Richard Trimble, FEC, P.Eng. Engineers Canada Board
Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board, CEQB, Qualifications Board and QB mean the Board Committee referred to in Board Policy GP-9.6 Qualifications Board (QB) Terms of Reference in Engineers Canada materials.