What does the Qualifications Board do?
The Qualifications Board develops national guidelines that provide advice on regulatory practices, such as:
- Entry to practice
- Conduct in practice
Programs for members of the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies:
- Continuing professional development
Tools to assess international graduates:
- Examination Syllabus
- Information about international institutions and degrees
Why does the Qualifications Board exist?
- To help the engineering regulatory bodies of Engineers Canada use consistent practices
- To make it easier for engineers to work across Canada
- To identify new types of engineering practice (for example, nanotechnology)
Who does the Qualifications Board report to?
The Qualifications Board is a committee of the Engineers Canada Board.
Several sub-committees assist the Qualifications Board in its work. Each sub-committee is chaired by a Qualifications Board member and consists of volunteers and staff from the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
The following are the current sub-committees that assist the Qualifications Board:
- Admission Issues Committee
- Continuing Competence Committee
- Engineer-in-Training Committee
- Environment and Sustainability Committee
- International Engineering Academic Qualifications Committee
- Practice Committee
- Syllabus Committee
Task groups are also formed as necessary to address issues identified by the Qualifications Board. Currently they are:
- Engineering Supervision Experience Task Force
Who are the members of the Qualifications Board?
Our members are volunteers. They are senior practitioners drawn from the provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
2016-2017 Qualifications Board
- Dennis Peters, FEC, P.Eng. (Chair)
- Jerry Helfrich, FEC, P.Eng. (Vice Chair)
- Paul Blanchard, FEC, P.Eng. (Past Chair)
- Frank Collins, P.Eng., Atlantic Provinces Representative
- Gary Faulkner, FEC, P.Eng., Alberta, Northwest Territories Representative
- Roydon Fraser, FEC, P.Eng., Ontario Representative
- William Jackson, FEC, P.Eng., Member-at-large
- Usha Kuruganti, FEC, P.Eng., Atlantic Provinces Representative
- Ron LeBlanc, FEC, P.Eng., Member-at-large
- Mahmoud Mahmoud, FEC, P.Eng., British Columbia, Yukon Territory Representative
- Diane Riopel, FIC, ing., Québec Representative
- Ian Sloman, P.Eng. Saskatchewan, Manitoba Representative
- Sandra Gwozdz, FIC, ing., Engineers Canada Board
- Richard Trimble, FEC, P.Eng. Engineers Canada Board
Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board, CEQB, Qualifications Board and QB mean the Board Committee referred to in Board Policy GP-9.6 Qualifications Board (QB) Terms of Reference in Engineers Canada materials.