What are Engineers Canada’s Women in Engineering activities?
Engineers Canada is dedicated to increasing the participation of women in the engineering profession. Engineers Canada works to:
- identify initiatives to attract greater numbers of women to engineering
- promote their retention in the engineering profession
- raise the profile and improve the image of the engineering profession
- demonstrate the value of diversity in engineering education and in the workplace
- help prepare engineers for a diverse workforce
Why does Engineers Canada make Women in Engineering a priority?
- To ensure women are represented in the engineering profession
- To attract women to be licensed members of the 10 provincial and 2 territorial engineering regulatory bodies
- To encourage young girls to consider engineering as a career
- To promote equitable rights for female engineers
- To retain licensed female engineers within the profession
- To ensure labour market needs are met
Who does Engineers Canada collaborate with for Women in Engineering activities?
For a complete list of Engineers Canada’s collaborators in women in engineering activities, please visit the Links of Interest page.
What documents would be of interest to read?
The following documents may be of interest to you:
- Strategies and Goals for Women in Engineering Activities This document outlines Engineers Canada’s seven areas of strategic focus with regard to Women in Engineering activities.
- Paying Heed to the Canaries in the Coal Mine Engineers Canada carried out a survey to better understand the factors responsible for the persistent low representation of women among the ranks of professional engineers, a phenomenon also seen in the United States and other western economies. This is the full report.
- Welcoming Workplaces and Good For Business Both are complementary resources developed by Engineers Canada to explain and promote diversity in the engineering profession.