Where is this program offered?
This program is available in all provinces and territories in Canada.
What are these programs?
Manulife offers three types of insurance plans, designed for engineering professionals and families, for financial protection against death and accidents.
Term Life Insurance
- Provides a lump-sum payment to your loved ones to help them meet the financial obligations you’d leave behind in case of your death
- Covers you up to age 85 and, other than a medical exam when you apply, you will no longer have to go through medical tests, regardless of how your health may change as you get older
- Better than mortgage insurance because you can choose your own beneficiary, you can keep your coverage even if you switch banks, and your coverage does not decrease as you pay off your mortgage
- Includes Living Benefit (cash advance of up to $200,000 in case of terminal illness with 12 months or less to live) and Waiver of Premium (pay no more premiums in case of total disability lasting for three months) at no extra cost to you
Major Accident Protection
- Helps offset the cost of rehabilitation and other expenses in case of a serious accident, so you can concentrate on your recovery, not on the bills.
- Up to $1 million major impairment benefit and $125,000 accidental death benefit for just $7.50 per month
- Premiums do NOT go up with age and start at just $1.50 per month
- Approval is guaranteed for you and your spouse, no medical tests or questions required when you apply
- You’re covered 24/7, anywhere in the world
Child Life and Accident Protection
- Helps ease financial concerns so you can give your child the best possible care, even take time off work, in case of a serious accident
- Up to $500,000 major impairment benefit for each covered child
- A single premium of just $5.85 per month covers all your eligible children, regardless of how many you have
- Eligible children are covered up to age 21, or up to age 25 if they attend school full-time