What are Engineers Canada Fellowships?
The fellowships honour individuals who have given noteworthy service to the engineering profession through their work with either Engineers Canada or its provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
Why nominate someone for an Engineers Canada Fellowship?
These Fellowships provide national recognition from your peers for your service and contribution to the engineering profession.
Who can be nominated for an Engineers Canada Fellowship?
Individuals can be nominated by Engineers Canada or its provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies based on the following criteria:
- Professional engineers who have:
- a. assumed office as president of Engineers Canada Board or
- b. assumed office as chair of the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board or the Canadian Engineering Qualifications Board or
- c. assumed office as president of one of Engineers Canada’s provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies or
- d. served the engineering profession in a volunteer capacity for at least 10 years. The total length of service can be a combination of service on Engineers Canada’s boards, committees and/or service for their provincial and territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
- Individuals who have provided an outstanding contribution to the advancement of the engineering profession within Canada for a minimum of 10 years.
- Non-engineers who have met the above-criteria may use the designation of FEC (Hon.).
- Recipients of the following Engineers Canada award categories:
- Gold Medal Award or
- Meritorious Service Award – Professional Service or
- Meritorious Service Award – Community Service or
- Medal for Distinction in Engineering Education or
- Award for the Support of Women in the Engineering Profession.
Note: Please contact your provincial and territorial engineering regulatory body for additional information regarding fellowship criteria 1d, 2 and 3.
Engineers Canada reserves the right to cancel, withdraw or amend a fellowship without prior notice.
Can I nominate myself?
Nominations must come from Engineers Canada or one of its provincial or territorial engineering regulatory bodies.
When are nominations accepted?
The regulatory bodies can submit names to Engineers Canada for consideration at any time.
How do I identify a Fellow?
By clicking here you can search the database by recipient name.
How do I get a replacement Fellowship pin?
If your pin is damaged or lost, please send Lucy Lefebvre to request a replacement at no charge. email@example.com