Exhibit ES6– All Engineers, Ontario
· Engineering labour markets were returning to more balanced conditions from 2006 to 2008, recovering from an influx of immigrants that peaked in 2001.
· Recession in 2008 and 2009 weakened most markets.
· The recovery is generally modest and labour requirements are not growing rapidly by historical standards but:
· Manufacturing grows out of a deep slump with a period of strong investment.
· This change will require engineers in related fields.
· At the end of the scenario, from 2014 to 2018, growth is limited. However, at current levels of immigration and graduations, markets remain tight because of replacement demands related to increasing rates of retirements. Recruiting will be especially difficult for experienced engineers.